November 2014 – December 2016
The primary goal is to increase the awareness of the general public on the need of respect for the environment. The way of implementation is the strengthening of journalists' competence on the existing Belarusian environmental problems and ways of its’ solution.
To inform the representatives of the Belarusian media on Belarusian environmental problems and ways of its' solution;
To transfer knowledge and experience of international media to Belarusian journalists, students of journalistic faculties and specialists of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus on effective methods of sanctifying environmental problems;
To raise public awareness, including youth, about the need to take care of the environment and conserve natural resources.
Main activities (are)
- Organization of two press tours for journalists, including training for representatives of the Belarusian media on the sanction of environmental problems in the press, visits to sites demonstrating effective solutions to such problems in the regions of Belarus;
- Conducting trainings for students of journalistic faculties and specialists of Ministry of Natural Resources and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Belarus on the issues of media coverage of environmental problems;
- Publication of an information clip demonstrating the idea of respect for the environment and conservation of natural resources;
- Carrying out some actions for youth within the framework of the annual ecological forum;
- Holding an environmental journalism competition, providing selection and awarding of journalists for the best materials for media on environmental issues.
The project is sponsored by Zoï Environment Network