Terms of the project: 01.05.2009 - 31.03.2011
The main aim of the project: to establish intersectoral cooperation in the field of sustainable consumption at the local and regional level in the Republic of Belarus.
• Raise awareness of Belarusian citizens in sustainable production and consumption and the consequences of their consumer choice.
• Increase the number of environmentally friendly products and products on the market, and develop labels that will allow consumers to recognize this product.
• Increase the interest of retailers and producers in the trade of sustainable consumption products.
• Implement the results of the project in local partner organizations.
• business organizations, including local producers and trade organizations, supermarket owners, the agricultural sector (farmers, collective farms, associations) and local and regional (regional) authorities;
• local partners, ecological network "Green Partnership", Belarusian Society for the Protection of Consumer Rights;
• consumers in general.
Activities within the project:
• Analysis of the situation on awareness of Belarusian citizens in sustainable consumption.
• The work of the Clearinghouse.
• Conducting seminars and excursions.
• Development and dissemination of information materials.
• Meetings of working groups and marketing team.
• Meetings and trainings with manufacturers and sellers.
• Analysis of the profitability of sustainable products.
• Belarusian citizens are aware of the consequences of their consumer choice and buy sustainable consumption products.
• Sustainable consumption products are present on the market and have labels recognizable to consumers.
• Retail trade and producers see favorable opportunities in trade in sustainable consumption products.
• The opportunities of local partners in the issues of sustainable production and consumption have grown, intersectoral cooperation has been strengthened.
The project is implemented with the financial support of the MATRA Social Reform Program of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.