Project Period: 15 March 2010 – 31 December 2011
Project Aims: The project was targeted at increasing capacity building of people involved in the field of housing construction and others stakeholders (architects, engineers, workers, foremen, consumers, government authorities and non-governmental organizations) concerning energy efficiency and energy saving in the construction sector.
Project target groups:
• Interested people engaged in the construction field;
• Education Institutions;
• Public Environmental Organizations;
• Government Authorities.
- To analyze the obstacles and opportunities for energy efficiency measures in the housing sector.
- To summarize and present measures and technologies to improve energy efficiency and energy saving in the housing sector.
- To strengthen the capacity building of public organizations for elaboration of energy-saving measures.
- To develop recommendations for improving the curriculum about energy efficiency in the universities.
- To create an online platform for exchange of experience and information on energy efficiency.
- Dissemination of the project results.
Main Activities in the Project:
• Collection of background information: legal, socio-economic situation, situation development forecast in the next 5 years, favorable factors and obstacles in the field of energy efficiency and energy saving.
• Searching and analysis of stakeholders;
• Electronic publishing on a website;
• Gathering information on current use of measures to increase energy efficiency;
• Project partners meetings with the local stakeholders;
• Publication of brochure with recommendations for professionals in Russian language;
• Discussions with the representatives of International Sakharov Environmental University regarding the existing curriculum about energy efficiency and development of recommendations for further improvement of the existing curriculum;
• Development of a website http://by.eefi.info/;
• Partners Meetings.
• Baltic Environmantal Forum Deutschland e. V., Hamburg
• Baltic Environmental Forum Latvia, Riga
• Ecoproject Partnership Minsk
Financial Support: This project was supported by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety in the frame of the International Climate Initiative and in cooperation with the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).